Plagiarism refers to the cautious copying of the content of someone and presenting as your original ideas or by not giving credit to its original author. Plagiarism may be deliberate or not if a person does not know if he or she uses someone’s idea.
Many students think that a slight paraphrase will help them do away with plagiarism issues if they fail to acknowledge the source of their content. But, this is still unacceptable, and if you complete your paper in plagiarizing other authors’ works, then you are at high risk of being kicking out from your college or university.
Plagiarism can be afforded simply by adopting a balance between using proper paraphrasing, quoting, analysis, and use of suitable referencing. If you are a student, avoiding plagiarism in your papers will help save your grade and being expelled from school.
Equally, writers, bloggers, and professionals whose work is related to creation and writing of content can risk their professional reputation if they plagiarize their content. Therefore, it is essential to learn how to find plagiarism in your paper, content and documents.
What is Considered Plagiarism?
There are different ways that you can plagiarize someone’s work when writing your paper. Here are some of the ways:
- Forged citations: This is citing information then supporting it with inappropriate sources.
- Paraphrasing: Refers to rewriting content or texts in other words minus citing it.
- Invented sources: This is the creation of non-existent sources and citing them in your work.
- Misleading citations: Omitting citations and then claim credit for another author’s work.
- Patchwriting: This is retelling another author’s words and using them without credit in your essay.
- Self-plagiarism: This reusing or refurbishing the paper you completed in the past in the current document.
- Incremental plagiarism: this is poorly paraphrasing content, even when correctly cited.
- Accidental plagiarism: This is failing to cite material from outside sources.
- Uncredited paraphrasing: This is the text or content that its translation into your own words is insufficient even with the presence or absence of citations.
- Direct plagiarism: This is deliberate copying another author’s text or content into your assignment without backing with any acknowledgement.
How to Find Plagiarism in your Paper or Document
Finding plagiarism in your paper or document is the first step the knowing how to get rid of it. The easiest way to finding plagiarism in your text or content is by using an efficient plagiarism checker tool. A plagiarism checker tool works with the idea of comparing your paper with other numerous texts that are available in databases and identifying resemblances or exact matches.
An efficient plagiarism checker tool will check your document and identify all the plagiarized content and then list the sources which you got the texts. With this, you can then do appropriate paraphrasing, direct quotes and summarizing the text in your paper to save your grade or professional reputation.
How Does Plagiarism Checker Tool Work?
Whether it is a free online plagiarism checker tool or a commercial version of text scanner, they both use the same algorithm to check your document of the similarities that lie in your content and those contained in specific databases. The tools use the following steps in checking plagiarism in different papers. The tool:
- Identifies text or content elements in the document your provide
- Applies anti-deceiving methods, such as detecting Cyrillic letters that should use special symbols, Latin alphabet or changing the colour of the text.
- Divides content into smaller parts for comparison with existing texts both in local and advanced databases
- Generates a report with the result in the percentage of similarities that need your attention.
Commercial plagiarism checker tools such as Turnitin come with limitations. For instance, students don’t submit the checked essay the second time since it is in the software’s database records. So, submitting even a slightly revised document will only trigger a high percentage of plagiarism. Therefore, it is highly inconvenient. Nonetheless, some plagiarism checker tools that offer flexibility when it comes to checking plagiarism in papers, document and website content.
How to Use Plagiarism Checker Tools
Using a plagiarism checker tool is pretty simple. You can check your review of drafts and complete papers while you enjoy the efficiency of the checker tools in the following ways:
- Copy and paste your text, or content into the special field provided, upload or drag and drop the whole document. Be sure it is within the word count limit. Divide long papers into smaller parts before checking.
- Select the type of text to be reviewed
- Click the “Check My Essay” icon and relax for about 30 seconds for the engine to process all the checks.
- Get the report and check it carefully and amend the plagiarize parts in the final version if need be.
Plagiarism can be detrimental if found in your paper. It can affect your grades and your academic life as a whole. Therefore, avoid plagiarism whenever writing your academic papers or creating content for various purposes.
You can get your assignments done by Top Academic Writers experts,the expert will deliver Plagiarism free assignment and perfectly formatted,in addition,you will receive a plag report.Visit Top Academic Writers today and get Professional Help.
1,884 total views